It is the goal of Field Youth Soccer to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for young children to learn and play the game of soccer. All efforts and energies of the coaches, parents and spectators during games, as well as practices, should be directed towards this objective. To this end, it is the expectation of this program and the responsibility of the coach(es) to ensure that parents and spectators adhere to the following:
- There is no smoking on or around the soccer fields before, during or after games and practices. Smoking is only permitted in the Lion's Club parking lot.
- There is no alcohol at any soccer game or practice.
- There is no swearing or disrespectful/abusive language, attire or signs of any kind before, during or after games and practices. No pets are brought to the soccer fields before, during or after games and practices. This is for insurance purposes.
- Parents do not coach their child or other children from the sideline. Restrict your cheering to general and supportive "happy noise".
- Support your coaches regardless of the results on the field
- All spectators are to stay five feet or more from the field of play at all times and are not permitted behind the goals during the course of the game,
- No spectator will be permitted to enter the field of play without the express permission of the referee/coach. In the case of an injury the referee/coach will signal the parent (if necessary) to come onto the field to tend to the injured player. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the stoppage of the game and possible forfeiture by the team who violates
- One side of the field shall be designated for the spectators where they will remain for the duration of the game.
- Cooperate with requests by referees and coaches
- Parents will not be allowed to conduct practice or any activity that involves 1:1 interaction with the players unless they have completed the proper background checks and safety courses.
- Please remember that all coaching and FYS personnel are volunteers who are trying their best - Communicate concerns to the coach in a constructive manner.
A parent or guardian understands that:
If the following expectations are not met the following will occur:
- Any parent or spectator who fails to adhere to these standards will be required to leave the playing area, and play will be suspended until he or she does so.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their guests’ behavior and must inform their guests of the applicable rules of conduct.
1. Verbal warning
2. Removal from the specific game, practice, or soccer event
3. Telephone conversation with Field Youth Soccer board member regarding behavior
4. Parent/guardian/spectators termination for attending all Field Youth Soccer events.
(If player cannot attend due to parent/guardian termination there will be no refund)
5. If any further conversation with other parent/guardian/spectators related to whom was terminated will result termination of the player associated with such parent/guardian/spectator and no refund will be issued.